Since August, 1994, Mary Anne Richardson has been in the field of birth. During that time she has trained and worked in hospital settings, and in the homes of clients. She has assisted in over 317 births and personally delivered (caught) 306 babies, weighing from 1 1/2 pounds to 11 3/4 pounds.
Her experience with birth includes management of: breech, twins, VBACs, and hemorrhage. She has dealt with placenta previa, placenta abruption, retained placenta, cord wraps, and velamentous insertion of the cord.
She is the sole midwife at Tender Beginnings. Although she has wonderful support from the Tender Beginnings staff, she must attend all the births. She is active in providing education to other midwives and students to improve midwifery care for mothers and babies across the country. Therefore, she limits the amount of clients that she will accept to assure quality care.
- Tennessee Birth Place: Basic Midwifery
- Tennessee Birth Place: Recognition and Management of Emergencies and Complications of Pregnancy
- International School of Midwifery, Victoria Jubilee Hospital, Jamaica: Hands on training dealing with complications
- Columbia State Community College: Emergency Medical Technician Intravenous Therapy
- Columbia State Community College: Nursing Program,
- Middle Tennessee State University: currently to complete a Bachelors Degree
- Doulas of North America: Doula Training
- S.T.A.B.L.E. program completed 2009 and again in 2013. This is an advance program for the care on newborn infants. She is scheduled to complete this updated program in August of this year.
- CPM (Certified Professional Midwife)
- Adult CPR
- Neonatal Pulmonary Resuscitation
- EMT-IV (Emergency Medical Technician – Advanced IV Therapy)
- CPM-TN Tennessee State-Issued Certification
- RN (Registered Nurse) Tennessee State Issued license